Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend Report


The weekend has just flown by and I can not believe that it is Monday already. Saturday I attended my semi regular beading class, these classes are always great fun even though I don't always get much beading done. This week however I managed to finish a bracelet which I started sometime last year. The bracelet is called Frills Bracelet and was made from a kit by The Bead Merchant. The bracelet is my 9th finish towards my 50 Projects Challenge. After I have completed some obligation stitching I am going to try and complete a few projects that are quick finishes since I would like to make it to the halfway point on the challenge sometime this year. My next finish should be a small sampler that only needs about two dozen beads adding and then it is done. I am really not sure why I put it away with so little left to do but there must have been a good reason.

Saturday night I had dinner with friends, I had a great evening sitting on my friends sofa eating too much food and even had the chance to make a start on my next scarf, this one is for me and I think I need to get it finished quickly since the forecast is for snow by the middle of this week.
Sunday my parents came around for lunch and to help with a few jobs in the garden. There was a lot of tiding up to do after all the storms of last week and my poor eucalyptus tree has almost fallen over so needed staking up, fingers crossed it will be ok. After a morning labouring in the garden followed by a large lunch the rest of the day was spent sitting on the sofa watching the football and stitching. I am making good progress on my yellow-eyed penguin and hope to have it completed by the end of this month. However for the rest of this week I am going to concentrate on stitching on a couple of Round Robins that I am participating in.

No comments: