Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Guilt Free January

I do not normally indulge in guilt free new starts during January since for me this only leads to guilt later on in the year over the number of WIPs that I have. But this year I have decided on a slightly different approach which allows me to indulge in my need to start new things but also try and avoid a mountain of WIPs. Having come up with a list of projects that I would like to finish in 2007 I have decided to allow myself to start some of the projects on that list. But only on the condition that after the end of January I make a real effort to complete within the year anything started this January. Also this year I have decided to dispense with monthly goals and instead just enjoy myself & focus on trying to make significant progress towards completing 50 projects.

So far I have made a start on three projects:

Yellow Eyed Penguin by The Strand since it is a printed canvas it is a little hard to tell which bits have been stitched but I have made a start on the penguins head
Mackintosh Coaster 1b by Derwentwater Designs (fingers crossed I may even finish this one by the end of January) and
Rose Bouquet by Derwentwater Designs. Currently I am enjoying stitching on these three pieces and also have an RR piece that I need to stitch a little more on before the mailing date of 15th Jan so may just continue to stitch on these four pieces till the end of the month after which I plan to turn into a one-at-a-time stitcher in am attempt to get some projects finished.

No comments: