Friday, July 30, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Then this morning while getting ready for the commute to work I realised that I did not have a project in my handbag for the train journey to work. So I grabbed a ball of sock yarn & some 2.5mm needles and have cast-on for a pair of basic ribbed socks. Oh well these will now be the project that I carry around in my handbag and I will try to not work on them at home.
Yarn: Regia Sock Monster
Started: 15th July 2010
This is a pattern that I have knitted up before and should be a relatively quick knit. Maybe I should put away all my WIPs and only work on 2 or 3 for the rest of the month.
Friday, July 02, 2010
In June I said I would work on each of the following WIPs for at least 2 hours.
- Deirdre Shawl (knitting) - yes
- Ishbel Shawl (knitting) - finished
- Lime Vanilla Socks (knitting) - yes
- Tapestry Ribbon Bag (knitting) - yes
- Monthly Musings (cross-stitching) - yes (almost finished)
- The Big Zipper (cross-stitching) -no
- Their Song (cross-stitching) - yes
- Needlecase (stitching) - yes
- Stitch Marker Holder (stitching) - yes
- Jelly Roll Bag (sewing) - no
Well the plan sort of worked; I managed to work on all of the WIPs with the exception of The Big Zipper and the Jelly Roll Bag. Ishbel has been completed and Monthly Musings just needs to be washed; ironed and have the buttons added.
July's Project List
- Deirdre Shawl (knitting)
- Rainbow Cable Socks (knitting)
- Lime Vanilla Socks (knitting)
- Tapestry Ribbon Bag (knitting)
- Charity Knitting (knitting)
- Monthly Musings (cross-stitching)
- The Big Zipper (cross-stitching)
- Summer Banner (cross-stitching)
- Their Song (cross-stitching)
- Needlecase (stitching)
- Stitch Marker Holder (stitching)
- Jelly Roll Bag (sewing)
The plan is to spend a minimum of 2 hours on each of the above projects; if a miracle occurs and I actually manage to finish a project I might allow myself to add in a replacement project. The only other thing that I plan to do is to wash Monthly Musings and the tiny sampler which I finished the stitching on in June & add the buttons.