Sunday, April 23, 2006

New Zealand Scarf HD


Yesterday I finished the first of the two scarf kits that I purchased on my holiday in New Zealand. The photo doesn't show the colours very well but it is a gorgeous mix of reds and greens with a little orange and purple. I am really pleased with how it has turned out and can't wait for the start of winter so I can start wearing it. I also started a beaded braclet and hope to get it finished in the next couple of days.

Stitching wise I have not made any progress but have decided on my new rotation. I will have as my focus piece M-Designs letters A&D plus M-Designs Celtic Heart all to be stitched on one piece of fabric. In between stitching on my focus piece I will stitch on Rose Window by Derwentwater Designs (a WIP currently approx 60% completed(, Mirabilia Royal Holiday (a new start), Just Nan's Ice Blossoms (another new start) and Around the World by Barbara Thompson (another WIP, currently approx 25% completed). I think the projects that I have choosen give a nice range of styles and colours. Also by including three new starts and two WIPs (which fingers crossed should get finished) I am hoping to be able to keep myself motivated. If I finish any of the in-between pieces before the focus piece I will either just work on the remaining projects in rotation or add in a new project. When I have finished the focus piece I will start a brand new rotation.

No comments: