Sunday, August 02, 2009

Stitching and Sewing


Yesterday I spent the day at a quilting workshop at my favorite local (ish) quilting shop and could not resist celebrating the fact that on Friday I was offered a job which was exactly what I was looking for. So just as soon as the HR department of my new company gets the contract sorted out I will be once again employed. I should really have waited till my first pay cheque is sitting in the bank before making a celebratory purchase but could not resist two new quilt top kits that they had in the shop and somehow ended up buying both.
I am thinking of making the blue quilt for my sister's baby to be as my sister is not a great fan of babyish stuff and the red one is for me. But before I make a start on either I really must finish a few WIPs.

Today I have been very lazy; a teeney tiny bit of housework has been done but apart from that I have spent the day sitting on my sofa either surfing the internet (and trying, so far successfully, not to spend any money), stitching or knitting. I managed a small little finish:

[front]

[back]
I just love stitching biscornu, they are small & quick to finish and are a great way to use up scraps of thread and fabric.




2 comments:

Belinda said...

Grats on the new job!

The biscornu is lovely, and I can't wait to see what you make with all that fabric :)

Scully said...

The fabric is very pretty Allie and the biscornu very sweet. Congrats on getting a new job too.