Monday, July 23, 2007

Fantastic Post Day

At the end of a very long Monday in the office trying to deal with the aftermath of yet another weekend of downpours and floods I got home to find two wonderful parcels waiting on my doorstep. I am begining to wonder if there will ever be an end to the rain this year. On Friday my niece (who is nearly four) very glummly told me that she hated the rain and thought that the sun was gone forever.

The first parcel contained a skein of beautiful blue and green sock yarn from Cherry Tree Hill, which I can not wait to start knitting with but need to find just the right sock pattern for, and two packets of coffee. This parcel was recieved from Sarah as part of the Fiber & Frappe exchange organised on the Fiber Freaks BB.

The second parcel was a gift of a gorgeous hand stitched bookmark from my friend Maria, who is very naughty to be sending me gifts. Both parcels are amazingly wonderful and sure made a fantastic start to the week. Huge thanks to both Maria and Sarah for spoiling me.

Now all I need to complete my week is for the weather gods to be kind and to send us a dry spell. Work is bad enough without having to cope with emergencies which invariably result in people having to work weekends and being extra grumpy on a Monday. The downpour on Friday was especially bad and meant that a number of my work mates never made it home on Friday and were stranded over night in their cars.

No comments: