Friday, July 06, 2007

Charity Knitting



My new addiction to sock knitting has led to an addiction to sock wool and over the weekend I indulged in a bit of retail therapy. Because I am very bad at making decisions I have managed to order a small mountain of sock wool - it was really really hard to decide which ones I liked the most. In order to halt the rapid increase of my stash yesterday I decided to have a clear out and discovered several balls of yarn that either I can not remember why I brought them or have been left over from completed projects. So I have decided to turn the stash that I no longer want into scarves, hats, squares etc. and donate them to various charitable causes.

While searching the internet for charities wanting donations of knitted items I came across the Crafting for a Cause Blog which I have decided to join in order to try and help them achieve their amazing goal of producing and donating to charity 3000 items in 2007.

No comments: