Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Pair

Pattern: Basic Ribbed Socks by WiseHilda
Yarn: Opal Magic
Started: 1st May 2010
Finished: 15th May 2010


I think I must just have set a record; I have managed to start and complete a pair of socks within a few weeks. Normally when knitting socks I seem to finish the first one then take a break of several months before even starting the second one. I am really pleased with how these have turned out and rather like the mis-matched look. As usual I have a lot of yarn left from the 100gram ball I started with so may well be knitting a pair of trainer socks from the same yarn.

As predicted work is rather frantically busy; which means that I am having to work longer than normal hours and including working at the weekends. This means that I am feeling very tired and stressed out plus my crafting time has been severally reduced. In order to cheer myself up I have decided that I need to start some new projects and so last night cast on a new triangular scarf using a couple of balls of Regia Design Line Kaffe Fascet yarn in the Molten Earth colour way from my stash.

Pattern: Goddess Shawl by the Knitting Goddess
Yarn: Regia Design Line in Mirage Earth
Started: 12th May 2010
WIP


Although this is a great project to have cast-on given my current mood and very tired state, as it is relatively simple but with enough to keep me interested I think I might have to cast-on something else in a more cheerful colour. So I am off to go and have a look through my stash and see what grabs me.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the socks

Karoline said...

Great socks, congratulations