Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Report

I have been rather productive this weekend; I am coming to the conclusion that being stressed brings out my creative side. I have been stitching on Monthly Musings; which is coming along nicely. I am going to try and keep stitching on this till it is done possibly with a short break to stitch a biscornu. I think that one of my first tasks once I am no longer working (I am begining to create a rather long list of things to get done while I am unemployed) is to re-organise my stitching stash. Although I don't have a stitching plan I would like to sort out the WIPs which I like the most and am most likely to finish and try to work my way through them before starting something new.

And I also created a zippered bag to co-ordinate with my tote bag; I used the Cutie-Pie Case tutorial found on http://mellebugandme.wordpress.com/2008/01/16/cutie-pie-case-tutorial/ This is my first attempt at a zippered pouch and I am really pleased with how it has turned out. I now have rather grand plans to make several in different sizes to house all my knitting, stitching and sewing projects so I can do away with the plastic mesh bags I usually use. This one now houses all the threads and the small charts for Monthly Musings; as it is only 8" by 7" I will need to make a larger one for the fabric and border chart.
In other news my sister has just anounced that she is expecting her third child in Novemember; Mummy & baby are doing well and although they don't know the sex they do know there is only one in there. Sis and BIL were a little concerned since she is already showing (just at 12 weeks) and his brother & SIL have just had twins (they wanted one little boy to add to their 2 girls and have instead ended up with 4 girls).

No comments: