Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bugs

Today I finally gave in to the cough that has been annoying me for the last week or so and went to the doctor who, after telling me off for not looking after myself, gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to go home and rest since I have a nasty chest infection and shouldn't be out of the house. So I phoned my boss and took the rest of the week off work. Luckily I have also been bitten by the stitching bug at the moment so a day spent sitting on the sofa stitching was most welcome.


So far I have finished two blue & silver humbugs which I did the stitching on last week and have also done the stitching for two more humbugs, hopefully I can get the finishing done on these tomorrow. I have fallen in love with these little humbugs and they are a great way of using up bits and pieces of threads, fabric and beads. Several of the ones I have finished recently are destined to be posted out on Saturday as thank-you gifts. Fingers crossed the reciepients will like them.

As well as stitching the humbugs I have been progressing with Vicki and hope to have this piece finished by the end of this weekend. I am finding this piece a little addictive and hard to put down. This weekend I also want to get back to some of the larger projects that I have and also get some pre-stitching done for a class that I am taking later in the year.

No comments: