Friday, April 30, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
I have worked out why I am not moving faster on this – I hate the edging it looks (well will) look great but is a pain to do. As my niece is coming to stay at the weekend I have set myself the task of at least getting the main parts completed; I currently have the back & right front completed so finishing the sleeves and left front should be do-able in 3 days.
As a reward for finishing a couple of projects I cast on my first project for the Knitters Anonymous KAL on Ravelry which I am participating in. My chosen project is Ishbel by Ysolda which I am knitting in Wendy Happy 4-ply yarn in the Virgo colourway. This is a pattern which I have been admiring for a long time but have never gotten the courage to start before now. It is my first attempt at a triangular shawl and I already know that it will not be my last. After a false start because I did not like the yarn I had initially chosen it is now knitting up very fast and I think if I did not get distracted by other things could easily be finished within a week of starting.
Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda
Yarn: Wendy Happy in Virgo
Started: 25th April 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Pattern: Sider Leaflet No 9067
Yarn: James Brett Marble Chunky
Thursday, April 15, 2010
As well as completing the blur scarf I have also made progress with the Flames scarf; WIP picture below and almost completed the sleeveless jumper which I am knitting for myself in James Brett Marble chunky. Tonight I hope to complete the jumper so that I can wear it when I go to knitting club on Saturday.
Started: 11 Jan 2010
Pattern: Winter Flame by Juliet Romeo Juliet
Yarn: The Knitting Goddess 4ply Sock Yarn in Warm & Cosy colourway
Sunday, April 11, 2010
In no particular order in April I would like to:
- Finish Monthly Musings
- Make progress on The Big Zipper
- Finish Knitting Goddess Needle Holder
- Start & finish Knitting Goddess Stitch Marker Holder
- Finish red marble short sleeved jumper
- Finish Mae's yellow cardigan
- Make progress on lace long sleeved cardigan
- Make progress on cabled jacket
- Finish Blur Easy Lace Scarf
- Finish Flames scarf
- Make progress on at least on project for the Knitter's Anonymous Knit Along
- Organise my knitting; beading; stitching and sewing stash
- Finish at least one quilting /patchwork / sewing project
- Decorate my bathroom
- Make at least 4 (not including this one) posts to this blog
Having made the list it looks rather long so I would be pleased to at complete at least half of them this month; the remaining goals can be carried over into May.